Namma kannada actor Sudeep in Bollywood



Kannada actor SUDEEP’S been lying low for a while. And he’s only being seen at press conferences for his films. To which namma Kiccha says, “I believe in my work speaking for itself and not in being spoken about to stay in the news. If I have to speak to the media, I want to meet them with solid content.”

Sudeep’s also been spending a lot of time in Mumbai this year. He’ll be making his debut in Bollywood in Ram Gopal Varma’s Phoonk, a film based on black magic. “I was never apprehensive of debuting in another language. I just wanted to be directed by someone of RGV’s calibre. And I think I’ve delivered what he needed — in fact, it could be more than what he expected out of me,” says the kannada actor.

Which is probably why RGV has signed him for another flick, even before his debut, Phoonk, has hit theatres. “It’s an action-packed flick and will get rolling in November,” Sudeep informs us.

Back in Sandalwood, he has taken over the task of directing his forthcoming film, Veera Madakari. “Sadhu Kokila, who was originally slated to direct this flick, is busy with the shooting of Theertha. It was difficult to juggle two films simultaneously. So we arrived at an understanding that I’d direct Veera Madakari,” he explains. It’s the first time that the actor will be directing a film outside his home banner.

“But I will be directing my home production, Just Maat Maatalli, soon after I’m done with my present commitments. It’s a straight film and we’re in talks with Ramya to play the lead,” says Sudeep.

0 comments:

Blog Archive