Priyanka's come back in kannada movie Shrimati

AFTER a five-year break following her marriage to kannada superstar Upendra, H2O fame Priyanka is back to enjoying the buzz in Sandlewood. And she’s making a comeback in kannada movie Shrimati - a remake of hindi flm 'Aitraaz' starring akshay, priyanka and kareena - starring Uppi and her, which is currently under production.



“Although I’ve been in touch with acting doing Bengali films during my break, I was nervous when I reported for the shooting of Shrimati,” confesses Priyanka, whose last kannada film with Uppi was H20. Facing the arclights with Uppi felt a little strange, she adds. “Earlier, it was different — he was my co-star. But now, I see him at home and back again on the sets! So, it feels a little different to approach each other professionally,” smiles the Bong beauty. But being a real-life couple has its advantages, she adds. “There’s a scene in which we’re lying on the bed and talking — it came naturally to us. We do it all the time at home after the kids have gone to sleep,” she says. But Priyanka’s hopes of spending quality time with hubby on the sets were quashed on day one of shooting. “Uppi’s never around me, and is always rehearsing his dialogues or writing something. He gives his shot and goes away; most people won’t even have a clue that we’re married!” she laughs.

Most real-life couples create a lot of interest when they team up on-screen. Will Uppi and her pairing up stoke the audience’s curiosity? “I’m sure our chemistry will fetch a good opening. So many fans have been asking us to do a film together for years. My cook, who didn’t get to see our wedding, says he’s eager to watch our maduve scene in the film!” she says.

But she’s having a great time essaying Uppi’s reel-life hendthi, played by Kareena Kapoor in the original. “Earlier, I didn’t understand any Kannada. Now I’m comfortable with the language since I speak it at home. But there have been some funny moments when I had to mouth long dialogues like, ‘Vichaarane maadakke anumathi kodabeku,’ and I’d be exhausted at the end,” she laughs.

Bollywood siren Celina Jaitly is also in the film: she plays a scheming woman, played by Priyanka Chopra in Aitraaz. Was Priyanka insecure about her intimate scenes with Uppi? “I was a bit. I prefer not to be around when they’re shooting such sequences,” she admits.

Now that she’s back in the corridors of Sandalwood, would she like to continue acting? “Yes, because it has brought my confidence back. It’s not an easy job, considering I have two kids. But I’m happy being back where I belong, especially since it’s with Uppi,” she says.

0 comments: